Wednesday, May 23, 2007

You never live twice - 80/20 principle

Classy....... I am sure probably a lot many would disagree with me. Given a choice I would surely like to call it that. When I started envisaging, I started finding reasons why!!!!
Thats when I came up with this paralogic.

How many times do we come across people who have all the reasons for why a thing won't work..... right from saying man I know everything about everything. Then there is a second set of people who feel whatever the other person is saying is crap, I mean being skeptic is fine but I dont understand being totally oblivious to certain facts in life.

I am sure I sound like I am trying to make a point here..... if thats how I sound then you are right... Since I am a strong believer that opportunity only strikes once. You miss it you miss all.
This is what I see people do day in and day out. Every day a person has two choices.... Choice 1 and choice 2 and lot of it depends on what choices he makes. Some take it some allow it to just pass by...... Whats the point... You never live twice.

Exactly this is something you got to learn. I strongly recommend everyone to check this book out 'The 80/20 principle.' Classy.. whats is so special in ... Here the author just takes us through a class of 100 out of which the 20% stand out. Where they exceptional case studies.. No not exactly but what made them stand out was the willingness to listen and learn and grow. They never felt they had grown enough to let go an opportunity. Putting it in a more clearer perspectie would be choice. Those very everyday choices, that you and I make on a day to day basis is the difference...

More to come.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very much true, there are a few people who always stand out and it is because of the training they do upon themselves, going back a bit on the choices dont u think aryabhatta was also refering to the same, we have a 0 or 1, everytime we have choices it boils down to either this or that, thts very true.
nice to see u blogging, its a good way to make people knw you better.

-Bharath

Unknown said...

true...along with the fact that only 20% of people do the work for the rest 80%. However 90% of the rest 80% succeed. ;-)

Another 80/20 rule to think about!! :-)

-Inder

magicofimagination said...

Phenomenal! Opportunity knocks only once and its all in the choice that we make. You said it, the person who is ready to listen and learn keeps moving on! As they say, the wisest of men learn from the others experiences....Superb!

-Pushkala Dinesh